Weekend Reading: Greatest Hits
- “Is Jaye J. Armes for real?: He says he’s the world’s greatest detective but…” by Gary Cartwright, Texas Monthly, ‘76: Emily sent me Gary Cartwright’s lifetime achievement award speech so I read this because that speech is awesome and because this is a story about a P.I. WITH NO HANDS.
- “Leading Mannequins” by Molly Young, GQ, ‘12: I want to be friends with Armie Hammer if by friend, I mean regular make out partner.
- “Some ‘Girls’ are Better than Others” by Heather Havrilesky, New York Times Magazine, ‘12: When I interned at Salon, I had to call Heather for something and I got starstruck because I’m a goober sometimes.
- “What Happened To The Baby Who Danced His Way Into America’s Heart?” by Tara Ariano, The Awl, ‘12: Is it weird I have a total girl/writer-crush on Tara Ariano?
- “A Good Man is Hard to Find” by Flannery O’Connor, ‘53: Damn.